Friday, January 12, 2007

Inspiration - Matisse


This week I have been working on layouts and designs for a new book. As I was trying to figure out some color schemes I realized what I needed was a painting on the wall of the room. The colors reminded me of Matisse. So, I googled Mr Matisse and fell in love with his work once again.

I always find it amazing that there are some artists that speak to me through the ages. And some at different times. I was really into the modern artists in College. I spent a semester in Europe and while most of the other students were learning about Renaissance Art... I went all over checking France, Germany and Austria searching out the Modern Artists. Of course, I was told that this was a "phase" and as I got older I would appreciate the classics more.

Well, I am older now, and like an old friend, the Moderns have come back to me and its as if a day hasn't passed.

No comments: